MAY 2019: WRITING RESIDENCY ON TORONTO ISLAND
I spent the past eight weeks completing a self-directed writing residency at Artscape Gibraltar Point on Toronto Island. During that time, I once again followed the writing exercises in The 90-Day Novel by Alan Watt to finish the outline for my next book.
I highly recommend both of the above.
JANUARY 2019: HIGHLIGHTS OF 2018
- I temporarily return to sitting in a cubicle.
- I learn what cosplay is.
- I find out I’m full of stones.
- I play in a gigantic jungle gym.
- I get an undercut.
- I regret getting an undercut.
- I publish my first short story and my third book.
- I leave Toronto. Again.
- I miss coffee dates with friends and long walks in Mount Pleasant Cemetery.
- I become concerned about “The Bots” on my mailing list.
- I stop sending out email newsletters.
- I delete Facebook – for real this time.
DECEMBER 2018: FIRST SHORT STORY PUBLISHED IN LITERARY JOURNAL
My short story, “Exposing Esther,” has been published in the current issue (#148, Fall 2018) of The New Quarterly (TNQ). This is the first time one of my short stories has been selected by a literary journal, so it’s very exciting. The fact that the journal is based out of my hometown makes it extra special.
I also provided a write-up of my (now former) workspace for the TNQ website.
OCTOBER 2018: THIRD BOOK IN BETTENCOURT SERIES NOW AVAILABLE
House of Bettencourt, the third and (most likely) final book in the Bettencourt Series is now available!
It’s a little bittersweet to be moving on from this series, especially as there are still so many untold stories that could be written in the Bettencourt universe – and not just from Erin’s point of view. But it’s time to start working on something else for now.